Ensure water safety children
You might have come across a lot of cases of kid's drowning. This article covers the possible causes of the same and also shares a few preventive measures that you can take to avoid such incidences.
One needs to take care of the water safety children. The incidents of children drowning are on the rise. Below mentioned are a few facts about childhood drowning.
- Children below 5 years of age contribute to 80 percent of the entire home drowning incidents.
- 300 children below 5 years of age drown in residential pools each year.
- Drowning takes place in less than 5 minutes.
- Even spas and hot tubs have been a cause of more than 230 deaths of kids below 5 years.
- Children may drown even in a very small quantity of water.
- More than 10 percent of kids drown in bathtubs.
- Around 4200 children below 15 years of age are treated in hospitals for drowning related incidents each year.
It is thus very essential to ensure water safety children. If the subject of water safety children is dealt with seriously, most deaths related to drowning of kids can be prevented. Few preventive measures for water safety children can be proper supervision, education and protection. These things can ensure water safety children.
What all protection measures can be taken in order to ensure water safety children?
It is recommended to protect your swimming location with numerous barriers. The following points can be taken into consideration in order to ensure water safety children.
- Fix pool and spa covers. Power-driven systems are more costly, but they safeguard the spa and pool with just clicking a switch.
- Fix pool and spa alarms. This would ring when someone would enter the water.
- Isolation fencing should be installed having self-closing and latching gates. Make sure the fence is at least 5 feet high.
- You must lock any gate, door or window leading to the spa or pool.
- A door and window alarm can also be installed to ensure additional protection.
- Bathtubs and buckets should be emptied instantly after use.
- Install auto locks on the bathroom and toilet doors.
Proper supervision can also help in water safety children.
- To ensure water safety children you must not leave your kids alone in or around water.
- Even if they know swimming, they must not be allowed to swim without the supervision of an adult.
Education about water safety children is also necessary in order to prevent drowning.
- It is a good idea to enroll your children in swimming classes by the time they are 8 years old.
- Also you must educate them about water safety children and the dangers they may be exposed to due to water.
Thus following the above mentioned will take care of the water safety children and prevent them from drowning.